Puerto Rico Sheriff Agency offers job security, excellent pay and respect for our employees. We recognize that our employees are our most important resource for creating value for our clients and look forward to offering our best employees growth opportunities in management, sales and executive careers across Puerto Rico.
What we do for our clients
Puerto Rico Sheriff Agency provides quality Protection Services to a wide array of industries in the Greater Houston area while improving the welfare of its citizens by helping to reduce crime rates and loss of assets.
Our vision is to become a leading company in the security industry by utilizing technology as an aid to reduce our environmental impact, while building mutually-beneficial relationships with our clients in order to protect their assets and improve the safety of our communities.
Our Protection Officers are responsible for the safety of our clients. They proactively observe and report to deter theft, vandalism and illegal entry at client’s site. They understand and follow assigned post orders, report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies as required.
Their duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
• Patrol facility or stand post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions.
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles.
• Patrol commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
• Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
• Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
• Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and verbally evict violators from premises.
• Monitor cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in the post orders.
• Communicate on a daily basis with Security Supervisors with any new Security Issues or changes that need to be considered or implemented.
• Provide assistance to our customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner that contains public relations.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and writing for the purpose of public interaction and report.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
• Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.